Saturday, February 21, 2009

So much for 25...

I really did want to get a longer ride in today but the wind was blowing pretty good! I decided to skip Sauvie Island and just take Springwater from my house out and back. I knew the wind was bad so I told myself - just ride for an hour. That's all.

I started out the trail and instantly knew it wasn't going to be easy. So I shifted into an easy gear, hunkered down and just rode. It was nice and sunny but the wind was blasting into me from the side and front. I actually thought I was going to flop over at one point. I was moving pretty slow I decided to ride out for 45 minutes then turn around and come back. I hit the Powell Butte Flood Restoration area right at 45 minutes. Stopped to take in a little sunshine then headed back. After riding at about 9 mph on the way out, my 18mph on the way back was fantastic! In total I rode for 70 minutes and 13.7 miles. Not as far as I had wanted but I least I rode.

1 comment:

Lindarx said...

WTG on getting out there in the wind!

I hate running into the wind. I imagine riding into it is no better.