Friday, February 20, 2009

Worst Day of the Year

Last Sunday was the 8th Annual Worst Day of the Ride. It's held on or near the historically worst weather day of the year in Portland. The ride is filled with costumes and revelry. This was my first year. I had intended to costume up but didn't actually look for the wig I was hoping to wear until the night before. I had apparently lost it sometime in the past few months so I ended up not wearing a costume at all and felt weird! Next year it's definitely a costume. The ride was 18 miles starting at the Lucky Lab on Hawthorne and it circles around through the Pearl, up through NE and back to the Lab. It was a great route, lots of fun people and a good time.









I've decided to add a couple metric centuries to my schedule. I'm not sure if I'll be ready for the Monster Cookie Metric on April 26 but I'm going to try. If I don't feel ready for it when it rolls around, I'm not going to sweat it. The other one I'm thinking of is the Tour de Cure in July but I have some college friends come up to visit during the month so depending on the weekend we are planning a reunion I may not be able to make it. In any case, I'm getting my fat butt back in the saddle and it feels good.

Tomorrow morning I'm taking advantage of the nice weather and want do about 25 miles. I'm thinking Sauvie Island. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: