Sunday, May 11, 2008

Welcome to my training blog!


Over the course of the next 4.5 months, I am training to complete a century (100 mile bike ride) as part of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program. I hope this blog will keep you entertained and informed about my progress and The Society's mission.

Last year I completed the Portland Marathon (walked, ran, crawled) as part of this same great cause. This year I switched to cycling for many reasons. I enjoy it more, I can go faster and further and it's not as hard on my asthma.

At this point, the furthest I've cycled is about 22 miles. The first two team training sessions are 15 and 20 miles so they should go smoothly. After that is when the real work begins. I'll tell you now - hills freak me out. I ride a few on my way home from work (go bike commuting!) and they always stress me. So expect that to be one of my many "tribulations" along this journey.

If you're already willing to donate to this fabulous cause check out the links to the right for my fund raising page. I have to raise a whopping $1800 so every penny counts!

~Michele

No comments: